Parenting a troubled teen girl can be one of the most challenging experiences of a parent’s life. It can feel overwhelming to watch your child struggle and not know what to do to help them. In these moments, prayer can be a powerful tool to turn to.
Here are five scriptures from the NIV Bible that can encourage parents to pray for their troubled teen girls.
- “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” – Philippians 4:6
As a parent of a troubled teen girl, it’s easy to feel anxious and overwhelmed. This scripture reminds us to turn our worries over to God through prayer. Rather than dwelling on our anxieties, we can trust that God will provide for our children and us.
- “The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth.” – Psalm 145:18
When we feel alone and isolated in our struggles as parents, this scripture reminds us that God is always near to us. By calling on Him in truth, we can find comfort and support.
- “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.” – Matthew 21:22
This scripture can be a powerful reminder of the importance of faith in our prayers. When we believe God can help our troubled teen girls, we can ask for his help with confidence and trust.
- “The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” – James 5:16
When we feel powerless to help our troubled teen girls, this scripture reminds us that our prayers can still make a difference. As we seek to live righteous lives and follow God’s commands, our prayers become powerful tools for change.
- “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” – Matthew 11:28
Parenting a troubled teen girl can be exhausting and draining. This scripture offers a reminder that we can turn to God for rest and rejuvenation. By seeking His presence and resting in His love, we can find the strength we need to continue supporting our children.
As parents of troubled teen girls, feeling overwhelmed and powerless is easy. But through prayer, we can find strength and support in God’s presence. These scriptures offer powerful reminders of the importance of prayer in our parenting journeys.